What Rebates are available when installing a heat pump hot water system in South Australia?
What rebates are available for hot water heat pump systems?
Depending on where you live in South Australia certain rebates are available to be claimed when you have a heat pump hot water system installed by Adelaide Heat Pumps.
Currently in South Australia we can offer you following rebates are available:
- STC’s – up to $1150 rebate
- REES – up to $834 rebate (available on our Reclaim Energy heat pumps)
- City of Adelaide heat pump rebates – Up to $1000 rebate
Can Adelaide Heat Pumps handle the rebates on my behalf?
Yes we can, We can offer an upfront discount off the supply and installation of the heat pump in return for you assigning your STC’s to us. We can also offer support for gaining any other eligible rebates that may be available.
What is an STC?
Small-scale technology certificates, or STCs, are a tradable commodity attached to eligible installations of renewable energy systems (including solar panels, solar water heaters and heat pumps).
Under the Federal Government’s Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES), when you install an eligible system, you may claim a set number of these STCs.
What is an STC worth?
The financial value of an STC is dependent on the supply of and demand for STCs. As a result this value can be variable from day to day. They generally sit between $32 and $36 each. With our Reclaim Energy hot water heat pumps having 32 STC’s that can equate to a discount of up to $1150.
How many STC’s does a hot water heat pump system have ?
The number of STCs within each zone are subject to AS/NZS standards or methodology change. To confirm current STC numbers on our heat pump range contact us or please visit the Australian Government Office of Clean Energy Regulator website. STCs are subject to meeting eligibility and conditions
REPS heat pump rebates
The Retailer Energy Productivity Scheme (REPS) is the updated version of the REES scheme. The new scheme is a South Australian Government energy efficiency initiative that provides incentives for South Australian households and businesses to save energy. It does this through establishing energy efficiency and audit targets to be met by electricity and gas retailers. Our Reclaim Energy Co2 hot water Heat Pumps installed in South Australia, via a retro fit approach, (replacing existing electric hot water systems in residential homes that are not connected to a reticulated gas network.)
The new scheme will come into action on the 1st of January.
City of Adelaide heat pump rebates
If you live in the City of Adelaide you may have access to additional rebates that can be used with the STC rebate to further reduce the cost of your heat pump system. Eligible properties may apply for the following water heater upgrade rebates:
1. 25% of installed cost up to a maximum of $1,000 for Upgrade to heat pump boosted solar, Heat pump hot water system or Installing a new heat pump hot water system on a new development.
More information can be found on the City of Adelaide website here
Hot Water system eligibility:
- Read this information about how hot water systems might require a Development Approval (D.A.). If you do require a D.A., Council will waive fees. Contact Development Assessment team during business hours on 8203 7185 to discuss installations.
- Hot water systems must be eligible under the Australian Government Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES) for the creation of Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs).
- Hot water systems that are part of the base building or common property of multi storey office buildings