Hot Water Heat Pumps for your business!
IF you are looking for commercial hot water heat pumps to help reduce the energy use in your business Adelaide Heat Pumps can help.
All of us want hot water on tap that doesn’t cost the earth to create. That is why we recommend the use of a hot water heat pump instead of a gas storage, gas continuous flow, solar or electric storage hot water system in your business.
A heat pump extracts renewable thermal (heat) energy from the air and transfers it to the water in the storage tank ready for you to use when needed.
Coupled with Solar PV a heat pump hot water system will help reduce you operational costs further and will allow you to take control of your energy future.
We offer solutions for:
- Sports Clubs
- Aged Care Facilities
- Multi Residential Buildings
- Breweries and Wineries
Eco-Cute CO2 Heat Pump
A world-first design, Eco-cute CO2 Heat Pumps represent the accumulated know-how and experience of half a century of dedicated manufacturing of water heaters.
Using proven technology and ground-breaking design, the Eco-cute CO2 Heat Pump system is powered by electricity and utilises heat extracted from the air to produce heat energy to make hot water. This highly efficient eco-friendly system converts one unit of electrical energy into four units of heating energy which achieves significant cost savings compared to alternative heating systems using electricity or gas.
The unique capacity of the Eco-Cute CO2 Heat Pump to produce 90°C hot water makes it suitable for use in a wide range of industrial, commercial and residential projects, including food processing plants, dairies, shopping centres, apartments, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, aged care, recreational and educational facilities. Eco-cute can also be adopted with a high level of safety as the absence of combustion reduces the risk of fire.
Instead of the more conventional ammonia or haloalkane (R134A) refrigerant gases, Eco-Cute CO2 Heat Pumps use supercritical carbon dioxide as the refrigerant. The technology offers a means of energy conservation and reduces the emission of greenhouse gas. From the energy output side, the operational characteristics of the heat pump are different to conventional systems (such as electric/gas/oil boilers or electric heaters). With conventional systems, 1kW input of energy provides less than 1 kW of output energy or heat. With a CO2 heat pump system, every 1kW of input energy consumed produces an average of 3.9 x the input as output energy or heat by extracting heat from the outside air.
Producing 90°C hot water with an average COP of 3.9, makes Eco-Cute CO₂ Heat Pumps an ideal energy efficient domestic hot water and space heating system for industrial, commercial and residential applications. This ability to convert 1kW of input energy into 3.9kW of output energy represents an ongoing economical and sustainable water heating solution.
- Flexible – The same system can be simultaneously used for Space Heating & Domestic Hot Water
- Ultra quiet operation – 60dBa
- No combustion – reduces fire risk
- Suitable for up to 60°C ΔT (flow 90°C, return 30°C)
- Suits Australian conditions – accommodates ambient operating temperatures from -5°C to 43°C (Special unit available for -15°C or -20°C)
- Safe – Non-flammable CO₂ refrigerant
- Programmable – can be set to operate during off peak times to benefit from low cost power
- 30% Space Saving due to Y Frame design (CHP-80)
- Versatile – Suitable for a wide range of purposes, from small facilities to large buildings where hot water or heating is required
- Eco friendly – The Eco-Cute CO2 Heat Pump uses natural CO₂ refrigerant. This refrigerant has a global warming potential (GWP) of about 1/1700 that of R410 and zero ozone-depleting potential (ODP)
- Energy efficient – Under optimal conditions, Eco-Cute CO2 Heat Pumps achieve an exceptional coefficient of performance (up to 4.2) which equates to higher energy efficiency. Compared to the traditional electric hot water heater, the CO2 hot water heat pump can save up to 75% heating energy. Further energy cost savings can be achieved through operation during off peak hours, subject to off-peak electrical power supply
- Anti-freeze/Cold Area Units – the heat pump is fitted with a defrost solenoid valve which will open when the evaporator ices up. The hot gas will then flow through the evaporator and melts the ice. Water cannot be stored during defrosting
- Heats up to 90°C – Due to its innovative design, the Eco- Cute CO2 Heat Pump can produce hot water up to 90°C at low and high ambient temperatures (-20°C to 43°C)
- One pass heating – It is suitable for heating water from low to high temperatures (large temperature difference) in one pass
- Reduces storage requirements – Since this hot water heat pump can heat water up to 90ºC, the size of the storage tank can be reduced
Ready for a quote?
Pop you details in below and we will be in contact with you.